Happy BlogDay 2006
I learnt only yesterday about BlogDay…It is "a day for bloggers around the world to celebrate the spirit of blogging and post a recommendation of 5 new blogs, preferably, blogs different from their own culture, point of view and attitude. On this day, blog surfers will find themselves leaping and discovering new, unknown blogs". OK, so the following blogs don’t really qualify as unknown blogs or out of the context but they are somewhat out of my immediate viral community buddies circle. So here are my reccomendations for 2006:
1. Uri Baruchin of MarketingBabylon: Uri is a marketing strategy consultant based in London and without really knowing this he one of my mentors. He is one of the most internet savvy people in the universe and among other things he is co-editing / managing "The Concept", and its complementary newsletter, "The Collective" (both in Hebrew) a voluntary initiative that supports, promotes, enhances, documents, enriches and reports on digital culture since 1999.
2. Big Picture Advertising: Simon Andrews’s start-up and blog where he writes about marketing 2.0. Simon was(and still is) actually one of the people who inspire me to break into the digital world and put me in contact with GrandUnion.
3. Calvin Johns of Climate Change Action: While we rant about branding-shmanding 2.0, Calvin deals with the really important stuff . This impressive blog will teach you everything you need to know on climate change and how to live more eco-friendly lifestyle so our grand children won’t end up totally fried-up or in underground bunkers….
4. Three minds @ Organic: Zeitgeist blog on everything digital. Really great stuff.
5. Guerilla Innovation by Sebastian Campion: spot-on on cool, kick-ass and insiring projects.